Thanks to all of our birthday families for bringing treats today. We had a great Easter/birthday/April celebration! I hope you all have a wonderful break. When we return, we enter the home stretch of Grade 1 (yikes!) and expect things to be busy busy busy (honestly, I am not sure if there is ever a “down” time in this job). See you all on Monday, April 24th!
Next week, we will be decorating an easter egg based on the Jann Brett story. I’ve attached an image of one for you to see. If you have any scraps of ribbon, bows, decorative odds and ends that you would be willing to donate to the class, please send it with your child next week.
This week, we have 7 sight words:
- then, when, just, will, over, were, mother
This brings us to the end of our list! We will continue to practice and review these words and more as the year progresses.
We have also made it through the entire list of word families. On the webpage I have been using, they have 2 stories posted for each word family. I will now be working my way through the 2nd story. The first one can be found here: http://files.hubbardscupboard.org/Word_Family_1.2-_am_sheet.pdf
Thank you to all of my families who were able to make it on Friday for our Celebration of Learning. Everyone is working so hard and it was really nice for them to be able to show you their work. My email is always there if you have any questions or concerns!
Weekly Sight Words: going, where, this, could, before
Weekly Word Family: http://files.hubbardscupboard.org/Word_Family_14.1-_ub_sheet.pdf
- weekly sight words: going, where, this, could, before
- No word family this week.
- No school on Thursday OR Friday this week.
Apparently warm weather is on the way! Fingers crossed that we get outside for recess this week.
Happy Friday Families!
I hope you all have a great weekend. Next week is a short week with no school on Thursday or Friday. You should have all received your Celebration of Learning time–please send back your confirmation (or email!)
My apologies for not getting this up yesterday! We had a great field trip at the museum today. Thanks to all of the parent volunteers for coming out and leading us around to the exhibits.
- Weekly sight words: must, soon, all, out too
- Weekly word family: http://files.hubbardscupboard.org/Word_Family_13.1-_ug_sheet.pdf
I’m not sure if you are noticing this at home but many of the students have done quite a jump in their reading and sight word recognition! Thanks for all you do at home to support these emerging literacy skills! My mantra is read, talk, read repeat!
We had an awesome busy first week back! We’ve started keeping track of our Random Acts of Kindness so if your child does something above and beyond this weekend let me know! Our field trip is on Tuesday and I now have enough volunteers.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Welcome back! I hope you all had a lovely and restful break. Looking forward to digging right back into our learning.
- Weekly sight words: ran, but, pretty, so, what
- Weekly Word Family: http://files.hubbardscupboard.org/Word_Family_12.1-_et_sheet.pdf Just a heads up–this is a repeat but this week we are going to review before moving on.
- If you haven’t logged in to pay for your field trip, please do that this week. The field trip is next week.
- Parent volunteers for field trip: I will need between 3-5 parent volunteers to meet us at the museum and lead a small group of students through the exhibits. The trip is March 7 in the morning. If you are able to meet us there, please send me an email.
Don’t forget your pink shirt tomorrow. We’ve had some pretty powerful conversations in our classroom this week about love, inclusion, acceptance, bullying, and that girls and boys should be able to wear/play/work wherever they want. The students have some pretty powerful things to say about the importance of standing up for people who may look or talk a little different. I encourage you to keep these conversations going at home!