This is a very busy week and we have lots going on around the school
- Weekly Sight Words: my, jump, down, big, in
- Link to weekly ‘am’ word family story: http://files.hubbardscupboard.org/Word_Family_1.1-_am_sheet.pdf
- Tuesday is the BBQ and I am hoping you are able to make it out. Afterwards, we will have a little Meet the Teacher night so feel free to pop by the classroom and see what we have been working on. At 6:15, I will be giving a little talk about the classroom and just a little more information about me and the Grade 1 program in my class.
- Please send any Terry Fox donations. I will be collecting money and you can also donate online (but please let me know so we can try and track our donations!).
- Our Terry Fox Walk is on Thursday (rain or shine!) from 230-330. We will be walking with Ms. Holmes and her Grade 1 class and Mrs. Crawford’s class has offered to come with us as our big buddies to help us out. Parents are more than welcome to join us. Please wait in the hallway outside the classroom at 2:30 which will help me get the students organized quickly.
- Friday is Orange Shirt Day. Please wear an orange shirt (or anything orange!) to help us recognize that Every Child Matters. Here is a link to the story behind Orange Shirt Day as well as some information on why it is so important that we recognize this day. http://www.orangeshirtday.org/phyllis-story.html